1. Renegotiate the Healthcare System and Benefits Package for NISD Teachers and staff. 95% of School Districts in the State of Texas saw their health insurance cost rise by about 7%. We need to add social security. We need a better deal for our teachers and staff.
2. Emergency rooms have seen a 24% increase in mental health-related visits from children ages 5-11 compared to last year. The increase among older kids is even higher at 31%. Having kids wear a mask 8-10 hours a day, with very minimal social interactions, and increase schoolwork remotely has been major key factors. Let's safely relieve restrictions and allow more students safely to come back face to face.
3. Encourage Decision-Making That Includes Taxpayers And Teachers. Too many times the voices of the staff, students, and community have not been heard. Our voices matter and we should have that voice to be included in the decision making for our District.
4. Increasing workforce development in addition to developing intellectual minds. Increase the number of workforce development courses.
5. We need to expand on vocational and civics classes into our high schools. Have an advisor help our students know what career paths they would like to pursue.